Award – Nancy Miller

Nancy Miller, Assistant Professor of Art and Coordinator of the Graphic Design program, was one of Two Islander Faculty Make CC Under 40 List.

CCU40 “honored 26 outstanding Coastal Bend professionals under the age of 40, highlighting their contributions to the community. For the first time in the program’s history, this group was composed almost entirely of millennials, ranging in age from 23 to 38.”

“Nancy Miller, Assistant Professor of Art and Coordinator of the Graphic Design program, received her bachelor’s degree in Graphic Design from Texas Christian University and her MFA in Media Design from Full Sail University. Miller built her repertoire designing for brands like Nike and creating solutions for a multitude of clients as a Creative Director at a local advertising agency before joining the Island University Department of Art & Design. At A&M-Corpus Christi, she uses her 15 years of real-world experience to enrich the minds of the students. To Miller, the link between education and community work is clear.”

“Involvement in the community informs my perspective as an educator,”  said Miller. “It helps me understand the issues that affect my students and allows me to develop meaningful service-learning opportunities for them that dually serve our community.”